Welcome to the Northwest Training Academy (NWTA Liverpool)
for Nail Technicians, Beauty Therapy & Make-up, Training website.
We are totally committed to giving you first class training at realistic prices and within your timescale.We believe that students learn more effectively in a relaxed, friendly environment with individual guidance & support from their tutor. For this reason we keep class sizes to a maximum of 5 students per tutor in private classes,at our Prescot Academy, so each student will get lots of one to one attention. We realise that there are many private training providers, and although we have always kept our prices competative, we would like to go one step further and say that if you can find the same course at a lower price in the North West Region, then we will not only match the price, but give you an extra 10% off !! ( terms and conditions apply)
We offer one to one training (if our diary allows) at your, Salon, for those students who would prefer intensive individual tuition Fees for this are £90 per day, plus the course fee, travelling and accomodation expenses if incurred. For salon owners who would like several members of staff trained on the same dates, please call us for an individual quote.
We provide training to Salon Owners and Mobile Therapists, who would like to upskill themselves and/or their staff in new techniques and treatments.
Commercial Clients: We provide Training and Certification packages to colleges and other education establisments on a contract/freelance basis please call us for an individual quote
Our Nail Technology Tutor's are Pauline Cawley, Nikki King and
Jo McCabe, who has been in the Beauty Industry for 26 years and has a wealth of knowledge and experience in her field of Nails, Beauty and Make-up. She has been a fully qualified City & Guilds Teacher in Adult Education since 1996 and qualified in 1998 as a City & Guilds Assessor/ Internal Verifier, and has taught to C&G and VTCT standards within private training since. She also holds C&G Certificates for Supporting Adult learners.
Our Beauty Tutor is Pauline Cawley, who is fully qualified and very experienced Beauty & Holistic Therapies. All hold City & Guilds Teaching Certificates and up to date Trainer/Assessor Awards and all tutors work in the industry on a part time basis to keep up to date with current techniques and trends and all have up to date CRB disclosures.
Are available in some courses, throughout each month.
Are available in some courses throughout each month.
Opportunities for the Newly Trained Therapists
We have Beauty Room which can be rented for your first two months after completing your course. We keep this strictly to newly qualified therapists to help gain extra confidence and speed you may feel needed before going out on your own into the industry, or to add to your CV as salon experience that most employers do expect
Products & Kits
For lots of our courses you don’t have to worry about a kit as we provide the products and materials you will require. However, for Nail Extension, Waxing & Eye Treatment courses, you will be required to provide a kit unless otherwise stated. We are not Manufacturer led and we are interested only in your education in your chosen training course, and not selling products, we are different to other training providers in that don’t ask you to use any specified product range, although we will always advise you of good quality products and how to purchase them prior to your training. We are happy to order and arrange a kit for you, that is of excellent quality and value for your money. Please ask for our kit list sheet or discuss this with us when booking and we will give details of recommended product kits.
- You will be awarded your NWTA Certificate of Training on successful completion of your assessment during or after your course depending upon which course you are taking..Any student who has not reached our standard will be offered a further training session free of charge until our standard has been comfortably reached. Your course fee includes one final assessment, however if you need an extra assessments after this, there will be a charge of £40
- Our NWTA Certificate is an in house certificate and is accredited with Associated Beauty Therapist (ABT) for Professional Membership and Insurance, which is of the utmost importance as it will allow you to work on members of public and earn from your skills once trained.
Student Support Service
- Both during and after training, we encourage students to keep in touch with us, we will always answer all email and telephone message queries as soon as possible. This service is available to all students, for as long as needed .
- We also offer FREE WORKSHOP SESSIONS to Nail Technicians within the first year from their original training with us originally. These are run once every month an are intended to re-enforce technique or troubleshooting problematic areas.
- Dates & details are posted on our Training Dates page.
SO ....Why should you train with us?
- We make learning easy and fun, while being very professional.
- We provide products and materials required for some course, or can order them for you..
- We can povide you with models for some courses if required.
- We offer, an Insurance recognised Certificate and sucessfully completed training, enabling you to practice professionally and start earning from your skills very quickly.
- Price includes your Certificate, comprehensive course notes via email, with client record sheets for you to print off as requird., insurance application forms and refreshments throughout.
- You will be in a class of no more than five students at any time .
- Lots of Individual attention from your tutor throughout every class.
- Excellent student support by phone, email and free workshops during and after training.
- We can collect students from train or bus stations if required.
- We can advise on overnight accommodation,for students travelling from a long distance
Find us on Facebook for special offers: http://www.facebook.com/north.westtrainingacademy.56
59 Warrington Road, Prescot, Liverpool L34 5QY